Time on your hands? Ready for a career change? Kick start it with the library and Cisco NetAcad qualifications. Manchester Libraries offer access to the free Cisco Networking Academy courses for library customers.
The Cisco Networking Academy courses are IT industry standard qualifications that are designed to help students develop technical mastery and build critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
The courses are provided by Cisco and others at no cost, to address the shortage of skilled and qualified staff in the IT sector. There are two types of course on the Cisco Networking Academy website; instructor-led and self-paced. There are also courses set at three levels of capability; beginning, intermediate and advanced. Choose from the following and begin your journey!
- Introduction to Cybersecurity: Explore the broad topic of cybersecurity in a way that matters to you.
- Cybersecurity Essentials: Continues from Introduction to Cybersecurity; develops foundational understanding of cybersecurity and how it relates to information and network security.
- PCAP Programming Essentials in Python: Python is the very versatile, object-oriented programming language used by startups and tech giants
- NDG Linux Unhatched: The “start from scratch” Linux course. A quick intro to the popular operating system.
- NDG Linux Essentials: Designed for learners who are beginning to build Linux knowledge for a career in IT.
- Introduction to the Internet of Things: Provides an overview of key concepts and challenges related to digital transformation.
- Introduction to Packet Tracer: A course designed for beginners with no prior networking knowledge.
- Get Connected: Introduces you to basic computer and Internet navigation skills.
- Entrepreneurship: Uses interactive, online case studies to show how to apply network technology skills to start a business or advance your career.