From health and wellbeing, to activities for children or adults and general information – we have put together a list of resources that you may find helpful or of interest.
Health and Wellbeing
- Coronavirus Health Advice from Manchester City Council
- NHS 111 service
- FAQ’s about the NHS Test and Trace System
- Manchester Health and Wellbeing Service – Buzz – improving the health and wellbeing of people and communities in Manchester.
- 42nd Street – a charity that supports young people aged 11-25 with their emotional wellbeing and mental health
- Shout – a 24/7 text line for help with anxiety and stress for adults 16 years and above
- Silver Cloud – online self help programmes to maintain a healthy mind for adults aged 16 and above
- Age UK Manchester – services and activities for older people and their carers.
- Living Life to the Full – online resources to improve feelings, beat stress and boost ability to live well. Living Life to the Full books are also available in Greater Manchester Libraries.
- MCR Active – for the latest information on sport and physical activity
- Manchester Art Gallery – Mindfulness sessions inspired by art
Activities for Children
- Online learning programme from the Peoples History Museum
- Access Manchester Libraries online services
- Foster a love of reading and literacy skills with help from Read Manchester
- Manchester Museum – arts and crafts and much more
- Manchester Environmental Education Network – activities and eco friendly things to do.
- Recycle for Greater Manchester – fun activities to learn about recycling –
- Z-arts theatre venue, activities for kids and craft projects
- Science and Industry Museum – activities, games and videos
- National Football Museum – family friendly activities
Activities for Adults
Online theatre, music and entertainment and cultural experiences:
- Chethams School of Music
- Manchester International Festival
- Royal Northern College of Music
- Reform Radio – not for profit Manchester radio station
- Manchester Art Gallery online collections
- University of Manchester’s – Access the online collection of rare books, manuscripts and archives
- FutureLearn – a variety of free online courses
- Manchester Covid -19 Local Prevention and Response Plan
- Goverment Coronavirus Community Support Fund –
- BAME Covid 19 Support Services
- Local Domestic Abuse Services available in Manchester:
- SEND families advice and information
- Homelessness Advice
- Advice on Benefits and money
- Greater Manchester Bereavement Service