Closures, change in service and restrictions
We are following government guidance and have temporarily reduced the range of services at our libraries.
The following libraries remain open
- City Library (part of Central Library)
- Abraham Moss Library
- Avenue Library
- Beswick Library
- Brooklands Library
- Chorlton Library
- Didsbury Library
- Gorton Library
- Longsight Library
- Newton Heath Library
- North City Library
- Withington Library
- Wythenshawe Forum Library
Those Libraries that are open are for very limited services only:
- Internet access for essential use only
- Book return service
- Books that have been reserved or requested in advance can by picked up.
Library users can reserve books to be picked up when their chosen library is open, using the online libraries catalogue or you can ring one of the open libraries and tell them the type of books you enjoy and they will select some for you to pick up.
Books To Go
The Books To Go service for housebound people will continue to operate to existing customers.
The freephone to contact Citizens Advice Manchester will also continue to be available to use at Chorlton Library, Didsbury Library, Gorton Library, Longsight Library, Newton Heath Library Wythenshawe Forum Library, as will the Citizens Advice video contact at Longsight Library.
Keep up to date
Keep up to date with any changes to our services on our council website.
Children aged 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent, carer or older sibling.
Temporarily Closed Libraries
- Arcadia Library (Levenshulme)
- Barlow Moor Community Library
- Burnage Library
- Central library (City Library on the lower ground floor is open)
- Fallowfield Community Library
- Hulme High Street Library
- Miles Platting Community Library
- Moss Side Powerhouse Library
- New Moston Community Library
- Northernden Community Library
Please consider using any of the fantastic digital resources, including ebook and eaudiobook service – Borrowbox, and emagazine service – RB Digital. Join the library online here and use the number you are given, after downloading the Borrowbox app or RBDigital App.